Four skills you need to have to be successful:
- The Ability to create a VISION: Become a visionary person!
The ability to create a clear and compelling vision for the future!
Most people have goals in life (goal oriented people)!
Yes we need goals but there is something far beyond goals which is the vision! It’s the vision for the future: See things as they are but not worse than they are, and then see them better than they are and then make them that way.
How to create vision:
The way you do that is you set a goal, you have to step into that goal and start to visualizing, tasting, touching, feeling, and internalizing it!
Thinking about: How would this world be? What is your world going to be like? How is going to impact the people I love (My parents, my children)
“I set really really high goals, so even if I fall short, I am still doing great!” - Goals vs. Vision
- STATE MANAGEMENT: The ability to manage your state, the way you feel in the moment. You’re emotional, you’re physiological state. Stay in your resourceful state.
Three states you need to master to be able to trigger at the moments noticed are:
- Certainty: To be certain about what you are doing!
- Clarity: To be clear not to be overwhelmed!
- Courage: Don’t let fear stops you! Acts in the face fear rather than running away from it!
- BELIEFS: Beliefs act like governors on a car. Breaking limiting beliefs!
Remove bullshit story in your head that keeps you back from success!
You are not your past!
Live your life well enough!
Let emerging/empowering beliefs lead your life. You are what you think you are!
- STRATEGIES: Like the straight line persuasion strategy! Being a closer!
Have your standards and NEVER GIVE UP!
P.S. This entire note is taken from the interview with Jordan Belfort about his book “The Wolf of Wall Street”.